[mythtv-users] Waiting for video buffers

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Sat May 4 05:26:10 UTC 2013

HI!

I think, this is now fixed or at least much better (I only check
mythfrontend log when I saw a problem).

The last thing I changed on my frontend was to run the CPU (Core i3, 3.1
GHz) with governor userspace (at full speed all the time) instead of
governor ondemand (with threshold 15%).

Earlier I already had disabled GPU frequency scaling on the graphics card.

I am a bit surprised that the CPU governor change helped. I had read in
the MythTV wiki that this could be a problem with old AMD CPUs and
VDPAU, but also with modern Core i3? The Core i3 has very low CPU usage
during playback.

Thomas