[mythtv-users] Filenames and UTC

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed May 1 12:15:21 UTC 2013

On 30/04/13 13:59, John Pilkington wrote:

>>> So you're saying MythArchive itself is not using the proper times?
>>> You're not talking about your own custom code or anything?
>>>
>>> Mike
>>
>> I do have a custom version of mythburn.py, but I don't think it has
>> touched this.  Mytharchive helper probably shouldn't be using the
>> --infile argument, but changing that would require a rebuild and
>> consequent complication and/or delay.  Within mythburn.py I can do
>> immediate hacks - but, to repeat, I don't think they are responsible
>> here.
>>
>> As you know,  I believe few people use MythArchive regularly and I find
>> some of the defaults irksome.
>>

> Mike:  I think I need to look harder at this .  It doesn't seem
> repeatable.  I thought I had found the cause, but now I'm not sure.
>
> Sorry.
>
> John

Maybe tempting fate, but the filename lookup process within MythArchive
does seem to be working now.  I did have a few failures that I didn't
understand, and then one that clearly was caused by the local time/UTC
disparity, but a new run with input recordings made over several weeks
covering all recent changes has just completed without problems.
Perhaps a few recordings were made with the system in a transitional
state; or my python edits weren't quite right.

John