[mythtv-users] help: i can't record tv after upgrade to ubuntu-13.04/mythtv-0.26

Thomas Mashos thomas at mashos.com
Sun Jun 30 14:23:41 UTC 2013

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 1:36 AM, <mythtv at raf.org> wrote:

> Thomas Mashos wrote:
>
> > > an earlier ubuntu upgrade had broken mythweb.
> > > i had manually fixed it only to have it broken again the next
> > > time there was a mythweb package upgrade. rather than maintain a
> > > non-packaged mythweb safe from such upgrades, i decided to
> > > ignore the problem until ubuntu fixed their package. i was
> > > hoping that this version of ubuntu would have finally fixed the
> > > problem. unfortunately, that was not the case. so i will have to
> > > have a non-package mythweb around if i want to use it.
> > > at least i know that now.
> > >
> > Please link me to the bug report for this issue as I have not had any
> > issues with mythweb when upgrading between mythtv versions (major or
> minor
> > versions).
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10504

You just posted a bug report that doesn't affect the (again, recommended)
LTS version of Mythbuntu (since the LTS version doesn't have PHP 5.4), and
is also fixed in 0.26, which is available in all Mythbuntu releases since
12.04 (according to http://www.mythbuntu.org/repos ) which is the
recommended LTS release.

The more you post about the reasons you upgraded, the more I see why you
didn't need to.

Thanks,

Thomas Mashos