[mythtv-users] dvd iso playback problem

Richard peper03 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 28 21:17:58 UTC 2013

On 28/06/13 20:12, Dan Littlejohn wrote:
> Here is the mythfrontend log with the additional logging.  One hint is
> that this log is using a intel motherboard videocard, but I have another
> frontend that uses an nvidia video card and the both behave the same
> way. (used pastebin as this kept bouncing off the list for being too big)
>
> http://pastebin.com/ExwngYRp

Hi Dan,

Unfortunately there's not a huge amount to go on.  The initial scan of
the data (used to initialise various parts of the playback code) seems
to have been ok but after Myth jumps back to start playback properly,
you get the 'Error reading NAV packet' errors, which is very strange.

I know you said it plays back fine in xine.  Have you tried VLC?  I know
they use the same library (albeit also modified), but I think it often
skips menus (or doesn't show everything) so there's always a possibility
that it isn't affected because it happens to be jumping over the
troublesome part.

If the original disc plays ok but the image doesn't, it's almost
certainly an issue with the image.

Richard.