[mythtv-users] mythfrontend crash

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jun 26 16:57:46 UTC 2013

On 06/26/2013 12:38 PM, brad dreisbach wrote:
> upgraded trunk this morning to:
> and now its crashing. this is the gdb trace of the core:
>
> [mythtv at localhost ~]$ gdb mythfrontend core.2362
> GNU gdb (GDB) Fedora (7.5.1-38.fc18)
> Using host libthread_db library "/lib64/libthread_db.so.1".
> Core was generated by `mythfrontend'.
> Program terminated with signal 4, Illegal instruction.

Normally I'd ask you to do a proper "thread apply all bt full" back
trace so we could actually see what's going on, but the "Illegal
instruction"

> trying to determine if this is a myth problem or a system issue. i havent seen any recent commits to mythdb.cpp... any ideas?

means that the binary you're running is compiled with processor
instructions not supported by your CPU.  Therefore, this is a problem
with your compile.

Mike