[mythtv-users] Ceton infinitv 6 Eth & mythtv? (Ronald Frazier)

Marc Tousignant myrdhn at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 04:37:26 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of George Nassas
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2013 6:42 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Ceton infinitv 6 Eth & mythtv? (Ronald Frazier)

On 2013-06-22, at 5:59 PM, Douglas Sargent <dbsargent at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm stuck on step #1,  quick & silly question, what would the IP address
on the ETH box be? I'm pinging everything I can think of and I don't find
it.

See what "arp -a" says.

- George

Or better yet, check your DHCP server for what IP it grabbed. If the Ceton
is anything like my HDHR Prime, arp -a shows the IP but does not identify
the host name, so if you have multiple devices you are guessing. Whereas my
DHCP server does.

Another way would be to check the Windows box, since you said its setup over
there. It's possible that the program will tell you the IP.

I'm watching this thread, because I am interesting in upgrading my 3 tuner
HDHR Prime eth device to the Ceton 6 eth device.

MarcT