[mythtv-users] ?Card?

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Tue Jun 18 17:07:14 UTC 2013

On 2013-06-18, at 11:30 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:

> [   21.965808] saa7134:   card=189 -> Kworld PC150-U                           17de:a134

Drivers don’t typically blab out lists of supported hardware like this so I’m guessing the driver is having trouble detecting your card and asking you to say what you have. You can tell the module you have a 150-U by creating a modprobe conf file. Do this as root:

	echo “options saa7134 card=189” > /etc/modprobe.d/pc150u.conf

reboot after adding that and do the kworld|dvb grep again and note the time when the messages come up. In the message above the kworld is being probed at 21.965808 seconds. You should do a second grep to pick up everything the kernel said around the kworld time in seconds which would look something like this:

	grep -E “21[.]” /var/log/messages

the reason for this is there are often several drivers involved and not all of them prefix their messages with kworld or dvb so we’re seeing an incomplete picture. Getting a time-based grep puts everything in context. It could end up being a lot of text but this is a long thread so whoop dee doo.

- George