[mythtv-users] ?Card?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Jun 18 09:21:02 UTC 2013

On 18/06/13 05:31, George Nassas wrote:
> On 2013-06-18, at 12:02 AM, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>
>> /dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0   this shows upon the DVB capture card page and
>> further identifies a Samsung card, the one already bringing in the digital
>> cable signal. I can't modify to "adapter 1", (or alter that line at all)
>> which the prompt suggests would bring up the second cards specs .
>
> OK, I think that’s the first I’ve heard that you have a second DVB card
> present. What kind of card is it? I ask in case it’s also driven by the
> saa7134 module. That would explain why the module is loaded but there isn’t a
> device for the 150U.
>
> At this point I wonder what the kernel is saying as it boots up. Does it
> mention the kworld, what about saa7134? On my distro those messages are
> logged to /var/log/messages. You could take a look there or just zip up the
> file and put it somewhere downloadable.

At this point I would think that your best bet is to pull /all/ cards that are
likely to add to the confusion, so that you only have your Kworld card to worry
about. It should be much easier for mythtv-setup to tell you what it thinks it
has if there are no others to muddy the waters.

--

Mike Perkins