[mythtv-users] Mythtv compiling from source for Mint 15 Help Please!

HP-mini blm-ubunet at slingshot.co.nz
Mon Jun 17 20:18:30 UTC 2013

On Sun, 2013-06-16 at 19:56 -0700, Bruce Herrington wrote:
>  After hundreds of Installs, my OS 1st choice is Mint 15 cinnamon, but
> haven't tried any other "mint's".  I have been told
> after the OS is installed and updated,mythtv.0.26.0 source  downloaded
> and extracted,  I need to follow the directions
> at: https://bitbucket.org/updatelee/v4l-updatelee to modify the mythtv
> soucre code to point the application to modified drivers verses kernel
> drivers.  Updatelee is the author of the instuctions and I have been
> in contact with him
> at http://dvbn.happysat.org/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=53310&start=60#p348265. He doesn't use MythTv tho. Has anybody on this board got Skywalker 1 working under MythTV sats 110, 118,119, or 129? Is Mint 15 a good OS choice? Any recomendations?
Mint & Mate look like good fit with HTPC.

Those links are to dvb-v4l driver branch
Note it states they require kernel >= 3.7.

You don't need the whole kernel source or mythtv source just kernel
headers package & build tools.
The DIY built kernel modules are loaded by DKMS on your existing
installed kernel.
Note that kernel updates will very likely require you to rebuild & apply
again.

Those patches could be available from project home..
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_Obtain,_Build_and_Install_V4L-DVB_Device_Drivers
That has good guide & explanation..