[mythtv-users] Custom Schedules Grouping

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Jun 17 19:34:07 UTC 2013

>>>  Thanks for the help -- looks like Recording Groups (

>>> will
>>> be displayed on the "Watch Recordings" screen, and you can move from one
>>> group to the next or previous by hitting the FF and Rew keys on your
>>> remote.
>>>

>> Are you sure this is theme dependent and not determined by whether or not
>> you've enabled showing "Recording Groups" in MENU|Change Group View?
>>

> Unless I am confused about which 'group' we are talking about, there are
> two ways to see them.  Checking the "Show Recording Groups" box in
> Menu->Change Group View, will display them as part of the list of available
> recordings -- but you can also see them in their own list with a theme like
> Steppes regardless of that setting.

Wow... almost 10 years with Mythtv, and I have never once even looked at
the "Change Group View" option in the watch recordings screen.  Just looked
at it, and yes... it does definitely confuse the issue somewhat.

However I notice that clicking FF while displaying the recording groups
still changes the recording group filter that is applied.