[mythtv-users] Custom Schedules Grouping

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Jun 17 18:05:30 UTC 2013

> First off, I have a few custom recording groups and I love the way that
> they work. They are incredibly flexible.
>
> Now for the question: Can I group recordings that have resulted from the
> custom recording rule together in the front end? Two quick examples are a
> rule for 'Oklahoma Football' and 'old comedies - movies, comedy,
> 1936-1959'. I would love to be able to find these in the front end under a
> single section. I would like to treat them like a single 'series' with each
> recording being an episode.

What your describing is a recording group... create a recording group
called "Oklahoma Football" and set any applicable recording rules to use
that recording group rather than the default group.

You can then use the fast-forward button to switch to that recording group
to see all of the associated recordings (or have it prompt you for a
recording group whenever you enter the watch recordings screen).