[mythtv-users] What lessons can I learn from this?

Brendan Pike brendan at dbinformatics.com.au
Mon Jun 17 11:39:17 UTC 2013

I run two HDHomerun tuners, each are dual channel giving me 4 in total.
A week ago the power supply to one of the devices died, I didn't notice
this for a week (I always watch older shows first) until I started
noticing empty recordings.

My main questions are, why didn't mythtv keep recording at least some
shows on the remaining device?  I even switched power to the failed one
until I could organise a new power supply but it didn't help.
And does mythtv have any notification / alert options that could of been
set to notify me about the failed recordings?

Thanks all