[mythtv-users] WOL from suspend and Asus at3iont

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 16:04:49 UTC 2013

Are you by any chance connected through a Power-over-Ethernet link?  I
discovered that mine goes into power saving mode (sleeps) if there
isn't an active ethernet device on each end.  I had to insert an
ethernet hub between my frontend and the PoE to keep the link alive
while the FE was asleep. Also, while on the subject of PoE device
quirks, don't put a surge protector between it and the wall outlet --
the surge protector (by design) is a low-pass filter that will
seriously degrade the bandwidth.  Not even SD video works well with a
surge protector in the path.

Craig.