[mythtv-users] 0.26 Merging channels and deciding which tuner will record

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jun 13 22:32:41 UTC 2013

(fixed top posting)

On 06/13/2013 05:55 PM, Tim Kluger wrote:
> On Jun 13, 2013, at 5:39 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>>> I tried copying the xmltv id from the prime channel to that clear qam
>>> channel but that didn't work, maybe because its tied to a different
>>> source?
>> ((poorly) corrected top posting)

By this, Raymond was trying to point out that top-posting on a list
where the rules say to inline and bottom post makes the thread
unreadable because topics look like:

 > 5
 >>> 3
 >>4

Where we can presume there's a question in 1, answered in 2 with
additional questions in 2.  The questions in 2 are answered in 3,
possibly with additional questions in 3.  The answer to the questions in
3 or the reply to 3 is then in 4, and the response to 4 is in 5.  That
makes it hard to follow the flow--and nearly impossible when there are
multiple pieces of each response with inline posting.

Please bottom-post, here, just like you drive on the proper side of the
road where you live, since everyone else does, too.  :)

>> Did you assign a Schedules Direct lineup to the Video Source used for your non-Prime HDHRs?
>
> No, only for the prime... I thought I could just rename the other
> stations to match. Does choosing a different capture device really
> need both my prime and non-prime to have guide info??

If you're using Schedules Direct, there's absolutely no reason not to
assign the same account/lineup to the 2 Video Sources (provided the
lineup includes the superset of channels available on the 2 Video
Sources).  MythTV will cache the information, so it only downloads once,
even though the lineup is used by 2 Video Sources.

Also, when you fix it, run:

mythfilldatabase --dd-grab-all

and consider using --dd-grab-all all the time for better guide data.  See:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426
and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/449416#449416

for more information on how to use --dd-grab-all.

Mike