[mythtv-users] nuvexport on second computer

Steve Peters stevemyth at priorityelectronics.com
Wed Jun 12 21:14:30 UTC 2013

Hello, I have a bunch of recordings I want to convert to h.264. Normally
I run nuvexport on my master backend to do this, but it's only a slower
dual core and takes a long time with hd recordings. So I want to use my
garage computer to help out with the workload.

The problem is that my garage computer can't be a secondary backend as
it doesn't have mythtv since it's on a different lubuntu version.

Without installing all the extra mythtv packages, is there a simple way
to get nuvexport to run on that computer but check the master backend
for the files?

-Thanks

--

Sincerely,