[mythtv-users] Audio wierdness: AC-3 upconvert. Do I have a problem?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 04:28:59 UTC 2013

On 12 June 2013 13:27, Phil Wild <phil at holobyte.com.au> wrote:

> Thanks, I'll have a look at this tonight. The amp is wired correctly and
> works fine with all other sources.
> My frontend is a ZOTAC IONITX version 1.

that's what it is... it's the same graphic controller as a nvidia
9400M... audio channels are incorrectly ordered on that card.

Here is a post that can help:
http://www.mentby.com/Group/mythtv-users/51-wrong-speaker-problem-solved.html

(background info)
http://www.mentby.com/Group/mythtv-users/51-wrong-speaker-problem.html

> The reason I started fiddling is that recently, I seem to get a lot of
> crackling through the rear speakers (most prominently left-rear), only
> through mythtv. I first thought it was the speaker or amp, but everything
> sounds perfect with other sources. I then put it down to a bad rip but it is
> evident in lots of files. I did not notice any of this prior to my upgrade
> to 0.26. So I thought I would play with the audio settings and then noticed
> this issue.

what were your settings previously?