[mythtv-users] backend always hangs on specific recording

Marco Nelissen marco.nelissen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 04:06:09 UTC 2013

Tuesday afternoon at 1:30pm, mythtv is set to record 2 shows, and every
week when I come home Tuseday evening, I find that the backend is stuck:
the backend can't connect to it, and later scheduled recordings didn't
happen.
After killing and restarting the backend so that the frontend can connect
to it again and get the list of recordings, I see one recording shows up
with the "missing file" X next to it, while the other shows up as a 0 sized
recording. If I try to play the 0-sized one, the backend seems to hang
again.
I can manually tune to the channels in question just fine, and I've
recorded two things simultaneously from those two channels too. There's
nothing in the log that indicates any kind of failure. Any idea why those
same scheduled recording would always cause the backend to hang?