[mythtv-users] Heh - will be nice to have such FE - isn't?

Paul Kendall pkendall64 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 21:31:19 UTC 2013

This device is actually very good.
The API for h264/mpeg decode is the v4l2 API in linux. It looks like Samsung
supplied patches and drove some of the changes for v4l2.
Theres a git repo
http://git.infradead.org/users/kmpark/public-apps/tree/HEAD:/v4l2-mfc-example
that provides a sample program showing how to use the v4l2 api for decoding!

If this was build in to MythTV then I think it would make a very nice
frontend.
Of course you'd have to consider the deinterlacing, but a quad core 1.7GHz
should be
capable, right.

Cheers,
Paul