[mythtv-users] Changing the IP of a backend

BobW bob_pub_mailbox-mytv at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 8 15:43:33 UTC 2013

On 6/8/2013 6:08 AM, Andréas Kühne wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to change the IP address of my master backend (the only
> backend on my network). I know how to change all of the settings for
> my network in general, but I was wondering what major issues I would
> run into regarding mythtv. I know that the backend IP address is set
> on my frontends (I have several frontends running), and would like to
> know if anyone else has done this and how they changed it.

I do this about twice a year when I change my second BE to a FE and back
for the winter/summer.

Check Setup -> General in mythfrontend to see if you have a hostname or
IP addresse in Database Server Settings. (If you have localhost instead
of an IP, you should not have to change anything.)

Also check Mythbackend setup -> General to see what IP address you have
configured for Local Backend and Master Backend IP address field.
(Again, if you have the IP for "localhost" here, [127.0.0.1], you should
not need to make any changes.)

Bob W