[mythtv-users] Raspberry PI as backend slave or tvheadend as tuner ?

Mogens Kjaer mk at lemo.dk
Wed Jun 5 12:21:30 UTC 2013

On 06/05/2013 01:40 PM, Doug Scoular (dscoular) wrote:
> I think the only problem suggested, thus far, is the throughput of the
> Raspberry Pi's USB subsystem. Since USB 2.0 is supposed to push 480Mbps
> (60MBps). Most of the channels I record are Standard Definition (SD) but
> even considering a High Definition (HD) stream my highest ever rate
> (according to the system status screen) is 15006kbps which equates to
> 9.8Mbps; so I'm hopeful it could read the data from the DVB-T PlayTV via
> USB and write the stream to the NFS share via the Raspberry Pi's USB based
> ethernet and still have some USB headroom.

With a single DVB-T tuner, you can record all the channels transmitted
in the MUX the tuner is tuned to.

When the DVB-T USB device is tuned to a channel, does it transfer all
the stations on the MUX via the USB interface, or only the selected
programs?

If the whole MUX is sent via USB, you could have a problem.

Mogens

Mogens Kjaer, mk at lemo.dk
http://www.lemo.dk