[mythtv-users] mythtv-setup won't get channel lineup

Rich Bishop rjb38 at drexel.edu
Wed Jun 5 00:19:43 UTC 2013

I'm having trouble moving my mythtv 0.26 machine from cable (verizon fios) to a
digital setup box with an antenna. I have the stb working, can capture video on
my pvr250 and have my irblaster working with a channel change script. The issue
lies with getting the channel listings.

I've configured the new source in schedules direct. In mythtv-setup I've deleted
the old fios Video Source and created a new antenna source which uses my new
schedules direct source. However, when I associate the new Video Source with an
input in Input Connections I can't fetch any channel listings. When I select
"Fetch channels from listings source" the screen hangs for a few seconds and
then returns, but the Starting channel still displays "Please add channels to
this source".

I've not had any issues with this setup or schedules direct before this
change. I poked around a little in the database and it looks like there aren't
any channels defined, but I don't know why it won't get them from schedules
direct. Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Rich