[mythtv-users] not connecting to database

Mike McMullin mwmcmlln at MNSi.net
Tue Jun 4 06:43:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-06-03 at 03:18 -0400, Mike McMullin wrote:
> I'm trying to migrate from 0.24 fixes from JYA to fixes/0.25 and am
> having issues connecting to the database in myth-frontend, mythweb, and
> even :
>  mythtv-status
> Sorry, failed to fetch http://localhost:6544/xml:
> 500 Can't connect to localhost:6544 (Connection refused)

  There was a bad capture card setting that prevented the backend from
starting/being reached by the front end.

mike at front-main:~$ mythtv-status
Sorry, failed to fetch http://localhost:6544/xml:
404 Not Found

attempting to get mythweb with localhost/mythweb returns:

(
[dbh] =>
[error] => Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using password:
YES) [#1045]
[err] => Access denied for user 'mythtv'@'localhost' (using password:
YES)
[errno] => 1045
[last_sh] => Database_Query_mysql Object
(

  Which has a ticket out on it.