[mythtv-users] Fwd: getting started

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 00:22:45 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 31, 2013 at 6:51 PM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have never seen an option to "close the front end". If I get by some
> error messages I can toggle up or down through settings, but eventually it
> ends up going grey on me.

Do you mean the computer locks up? To exit the frontend press the 'Esc' key
each time 'Esc' is pressed it will back out one level of menus, or pull up
the exit menu.  If you are at the first level (just started the computer)
the first time you press it you should get the question, "DO you Really
Want to Exit MythTV".  There are a number of options that could be
displayed depending on the mythbuntu default settings.  One should say,
"Yes, Exit now".  If you don't have that option, then you will need to
change the frontend settings to show that option.   Once you are out of the
frontend in the clean mythbuntu install, run mythbuntu control center.
 From there you can go to 'System Roles' and make sure that 'Primary
Backend' and 'Desktop Frontend' are ticked.  Then go to 'MySQL' (see
screenshot). From there you can run the backend setup.