[mythtv-users] recordinng profile based on channel

Larry Roberts mythtv at american-hero.com
Wed Jul 31 16:09:27 UTC 2013

hello Again,

Now that I have successfully migrated from a PVR-350 to HDHomeRun and
added in some HD channels I want to make sure that I'm transcoding them
properly.

What I would like to do if possible is setup a rule that says "if
recorded on a HD channel then do a HD transcode, otherwise do a standard
transcode".

I realize I have two issues, first is how do I setup the system to
prefer HD over none HD, second is how do I autoselect the transcode method.

I'm curious what others do to handle this situation.

My thoughts are that the HD version of my channel should have all the
same shows as the SD version so I could just set the sytem to record on
the HD channel and set it to do HD transcode but I dont know if they are
always the same shows.

Love to hear how people handle this.  I'm just now starting to dive into
the HD recording portion to make sure I have that all squared away so
would love to hear any pointers or thoughts on this as well.

As a side note, the setup of mythtv and HDHR was SOOOOOO much easier
than my old PVR-350 box with IRblasters and such.  I just keep thinking
something must be missing as it cant be this easy.

Thanks

Larry