[mythtv-users] Going Virtual and upgrading tuners

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Wed Jul 31 02:41:05 UTC 2013

On 7/30/2013 2:22 PM, Larry Roberts wrote:
> Now back to the religous war...

Don't get me wrong.  I've got nothing explicitly against virtual
machines.  As Gary Buhrmaster said, they're just another tool in the
box, and there are some good reasons to use virtual machines.  The issue
is just that none of them apply to the typical home user, or even the
typical MythTV user (enterprise grade gear and multiple OSs clearly
isn't typical).  It's just virtualization for the sake of
virtualization, and either the user runs into difficulties dealing with
hardware access, or worse, it works fine for them, and they get a bunch
of other users into trouble by recommending they do the same thing.