[mythtv-users] Playing back videos from digital camera stutters

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sun Jul 28 14:57:06 UTC 2013

On Sun, 28 Jul 2013 13:19:47 +0100, Enno Middelberg
<enno.middelberg at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013/7/28 Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com>:
>>
>> Just wanted to add that 10942 references 10706, which has some
>> preliminary
>> debugging. I couldn't get any further debugging it but I've been running
>> with the suggested (and effective) work-around/hack for over a year now
>> with
>> no ill-effects.
>
> Hello,
>

> many thanks for your replies. Indeed this seems to be the same issue I
> have with my Canon movies.
>
> Is this the "remove the if (!decode.contains(*it)) check in
> VideoBuffers::DoneDisplayingFrame? "?

Yes

> If so - I'm using my distro's binaries and am not compiling from
> source, so I reckon this is out of reach for me.

But if JYA has taken an interest you may well get an update fix pretty
quick ;-)

> Since I'm not making any more new movies with this camera, a
> reasonable option could be to simply change the video format.

Probably. But I think you'll have to actually re-encode them rather than
just converting the container format. I can't remember the details but
'converting' my MOV files to AVI (probably using ffmpeg) had no effect.

I still use my old Canon...