[mythtv-users] Playing back videos from digital camera stutters

Enno Middelberg enno.middelberg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 12:19:47 UTC 2013

Hello,

many thanks for your replies. Indeed this seems to be the same issue I
have with my Canon movies.

2013/7/28 Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com>:

> Just wanted to add that 10942 references 10706, which has some preliminary
> debugging. I couldn't get any further debugging it but I've been running
> with the suggested (and effective) work-around/hack for over a year now with
> no ill-effects.

Is this the "remove the if (!decode.contains(*it)) check in
VideoBuffers::DoneDisplayingFrame? "?

If so - I'm using my distro's binaries and am not compiling from
source, so I reckon this is out of reach for me.

Since I'm not making any more new movies with this camera, a
reasonable option could be to simply change the video format.

Cheers,

Enno