[mythtv-users] OS X - Myth 0.26 comes to MacPorts (at last)

Craig Treleaven ctreleaven at cogeco.ca
Fri Jul 26 22:29:07 UTC 2013

Yes, I know that the 0.27-alpha came out last week, but I'm still
happy to announce that Myth 0.26-fixes is now available for Mac OS X
via MacPorts*.

The wiki pages have been updated, see:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MacPorts
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Building_Myth_for_Mac_with_MacPorts

Remember that a key requirement for upgrading to 0.26 is that your
database must have time zone support installed.  There are notes for
doing this on OS X on the MacPorts wiki page.  See also:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MySQL_Time_Zone_Tables

MythWeb.26 should be updated on MacPorts very soon.

Hopefully Myth 0.27 will be available through MacPorts on a much more
timely basis but you can enjoy 0.26 (including fixes up to July 20,
2013) in the meantime.

Craig
PS I'd like to give credit to Stuart Henderson.  I had largely given
up on getting Myth 0.26 to run mythlogserver appropriately on OS X
when he suggested the "OtherJobEnabled" parameter for launchd.  That
was the key to getting OS X to automatically launch mythlogserver
before mythbackend.

*MacPorts is a package manager application that brings thousands of
opensource software packages, including MythTV, to Mac OS X.
Pre-compiled binaries are available for current OS X versions where
permissible.