[mythtv-users] Trouble updating Schedules Direct Lineup in MythTV

Craig Huff huffcslists at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 16:55:49 UTC 2013

Comcast has changed the lineup, moving networks around to new
channels, sigh.  I thought I knew how to deal with this, but I
apparently have forgotten something.

I am (still) running 0.23/MythBuntu 10.04, where it affects this
correct way to deal with this.  Here's what I did so far:

I went to the SD website and dealt with adding/deleting channels and
saved the revised lineup.  I have been back in to verify that the
changes "took".

I launched the MythTV Backend Setup, which shutdown the mythbackend
automatically before starting the setup.

I went to the Video Sources section and entered the dialog for my
existing source definition, which reported that it was fetching the
lineup from SD, but since I didn't see the new channels, I have been
back in here several times and forced lineup retrievals.  Still no
joy. Left the section by choosing Finish to save the changes.

Went into the Input Connections section and tried more than one of my
inputs, forcing the "Fetch channels from listings source", and going
through the pages to the Finish command to save the changes.

Finally, I went into the Channel Editor section, intending to
associate the new channels with networks/programs, but I haven't been
able to get the new channels to show up.

What am I missing?

Craig.