[mythtv-users] Use external script with options to provide video.

Rob Davis rob at davis-family.info
Thu Jul 25 14:50:01 UTC 2013

I want to use a script to provide channels and incorporate it into
MythTv.  The script is called with 3 command line arguments, and records
into a file called record.asf (from a remote slingbox).

First arguement is delay, second is duration (in seconds), the third
arguement sets the channel on the remote slingbox.

Is there a way I can get mythtv to treat this as a tuner?  It would also
be an idea to be able to kill the script when the channel is no longer
needed?

The script is the one referenced here.  If someone wants to help build
it in, it will give us native slingbox support.

http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/forum/general-sling-box-discussions/how-to-record-slingbox-pro-hd-stream-in-high-definition-720-or-1080/page-10/