[mythtv-users] record at any time on channel <CHANNEL> is missing in master soon to be .27

jrh jharbestonus at gmail.com
Wed Jul 24 19:07:36 UTC 2013

On Jul 24, 2013, at 2:03 PM, George Nassas wrote:

> On 2013-07-24, at 12:45 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:
>
>> The "this channel" flag is a workaround for that particular problem (bad guide data). I can't think of a valid reason to use it under normal circumstances.
>

> I have an OTA setup where I know some channels are more reliable than others so it’s helpful to be able to lock the scheduler to a known good channel. I know about channel priorities but after a few days they get forgotten and end up skewing the scheduler in ways I don’t appreciate so I’d prefer not to go there. Anytime on this channel is visible and understandable and gets the job done.
>
> Maybe I missed something earlier in the thread but doesn’t anytime on this channel show up on the quickie popup now? I thought it was still around just implemented differently.

Yes, the choice is available from within mythfrontend under. But is not available when using mythweb.

Using templates is not available from mythweb. If the default template is the used when creating a new recording in mythweb, then it doesn't appear to be working according to the following steps:

I went into  the default template, and changed 'use this channel' to ON in the template.

I then went into mythweb, to the add recording page for a given show, and the use this channel flag is  OFF.

Regards!