[mythtv-users] record at any time on channel <CHANNEL> is missing in master soon to be .27

jedi jedi at mishnet.org
Wed Jul 24 19:06:27 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 07:59:28PM +0100, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 24/07/13 19:51, jedi wrote:
> >
> >    It sounds like you are taking a basic recording rule option available
> >since the dawn of time and HIDING it. If you are indeed trying to hide the
> >"Season Pass" option, then that's the exact opposite of improving usability.
> >
> >    It's one of the options (if not THE option) that should be front and center.
> >
> I'm sorry, if I saw this option I wouldn't use it. I have no idea
> what it means. Is it an American thing?

    I didn't mean to imply that the term "Season Pass" should be used, just that the
corresponding option should be available and highly visible.

    Tivo Corp would probably sue over trademark infringement or some such nonsense
if MythTV actually used that term.

    The concept of a season ticket might be an Americanism.

    ...two nations separated by a common language.