[mythtv-users] record at any time on channel <CHANNEL> is missing in master soon to be .27

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Wed Jul 24 18:03:39 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-24, at 12:45 PM, Thomas Mashos wrote:

> The "this channel" flag is a workaround for that particular problem (bad guide data). I can't think of a valid reason to use it under normal circumstances.

I have an OTA setup where I know some channels are more reliable than others so it’s helpful to be able to lock the scheduler to a known good channel. I know about channel priorities but after a few days they get forgotten and end up skewing the scheduler in ways I don’t appreciate so I’d prefer not to go there. Anytime on this channel is visible and understandable and gets the job done.

Maybe I missed something earlier in the thread but doesn’t anytime on this channel show up on the quickie popup now? I thought it was still around just implemented differently.

One aside to David: on the upcoming screen there used to be a menu item “Don’t record this showing” which was handy for quickly overruling myth’s choice in a scheduling conflict. That seems to be gone with no other way to achieve the same effect. I think now you have to go to the “C” recording and do an override with a priority bump so it beats myth’s choice. That’s kind of roundy round, it would be great to have the one button thing come back and have it do the right thing in the background.

Overall the scheduler simplifications have been terrific, there are just a few bumps to smooth over.

- George