[mythtv-users] Firewire (P2P) connection to Motorola DCH-3200 periodically dies after upgrading from 0.23 to 0.25/0.26

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 18:54:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Kevin Worth <kworth at gmail.com> wrote:
> Things were fairly solid (e.g. I would have months of uptime with no
> crashes) on 0.23 but I wanted some of the new features (Airplay, etc) and
> upgraded Mythbuntu 10.04 to 12.04.2 (which moved mythtv to 0.25). After
> encountering this issue, I enabled the mythtv-updates repository and moved
> to 0.26 and saw no change.
> Any other suggestions of data to collect or things to try?

Not only did you upgrade MythTV, you upgraded your OS, and more
specifically, your firewire drivers.  It may be the case you have moved
from the older "ieee1394" stack to the newer"juju" stack, or in any
case, likely got the latest versions of the firewire drivers.

If you have not done so, be sure you have followed the advice found
on the wiki at http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/FireWire

You should check your kernel messages (dmesg) to see if there are any
interesting messages regarding firewire there.  Firewire can be "picky",
as the wiki article suggests.

Gary