[mythtv-users] Locked

john johnshannon at ihug.co.nz
Sun Jul 21 02:42:53 UTC 2013

I find myself no closer to getting mythtv running, someone please go to
start and tell me what I should do or I'll just scrap it after running
linux since the earliest of days and use vlc. Which works.  I have
installed ivtv etc, database etc but get no response from mythtv as
either a root user or as another user.  Itry as a composite video to be
a video source or try to scan for a channel. No response and the
database tells me I have an error when I try to shut down the back end.