[mythtv-users] Map 'Setup' screen to key on remote?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Jul 20 19:27:54 UTC 2013

On 07/19/2013 06:21 PM, Captain Krypto wrote:
> I am customizing my main menu and wanted to make it minimalist and get
> rid of rarely used menu items. I would like to bind the "Setup" screen
> to a key on my remote, so if I need to get into setup, I can just use
> the remote rather than selecting the menu item.  I've looked through
> the docs, but don't see any hot keys that will take me directly to the
> setup screen.  Does anyone know of a workaround to get to the "Setup"
> menu through a remote key press?
>
> Thanks in advance!

We don't have a jump point for that, but you could add one (by modifying
the code--and I'd probably accept a patch for it unless any of the other
developers objected).  However, I'd think that you shouldn't need to go
into setup often enough to warrant losing/dedicating a remote button to
it.  If you do, perhaps we can help you fix some other problem?

Mike