[mythtv-users] mythshutdown --check returning 130

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Jul 18 02:17:02 UTC 2013

On 07/17/2013 08:33 PM, Brenden Conte wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a strange problem where mythshutdown --check running within a
> daily cronjob is always returning 130... however when I 'su' to root
> and run the command manually, it returns the proper result.
>
> I wasn't able to find anything about this, so I was wondering if
> anyone else had run into something like this or be able to tell me
> what that return code means.

Exit code 130 means the application was unable to create a
MythContext--likely because you have a broken environment (i.e. no HOME
specified or something).  If you redirect std out/err of the command,
you may get some log messages that tell you exactly what's wrong (I'm
assuming that because it's unable to create the MythContext, it's also
unable to log normally, but if that's not the case, the normal log files
will tell you exactly what's happening).

Mike