[mythtv-users] thoughts on a combined backend/NAS box?

Thomas Boehm mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net
Tue Jul 16 07:58:52 UTC 2013

GZ wrote:
> - I'd like to use ACPI wakeup to reduce power usage on this system.
> This means that I'm going to need some way to lock mythbackend when I
> want to use the NAS functionality.  I suppose that I could run some
> mythfrontends on the client, but that's pretty kludgy.  How complex is
> it to code up a client that connects to mythbackend enough to bump the
> usage count and block shutdown?  Alternatively, does anyone have a
> good way to trigger a mythwelcome lock and unlock commands remotely
> over the network?

There are two options

1. mythwelcome [--lock|--unlock]
2. write a "pre-shutdown-check script" and put that in mythtv-setup ->
General -> Shutdown/Wakeup Options

---
#!/bin/bash
mythshutdown --check ||exit 1
... your code goes here

---

If this script exits with an exit code of 1, the idle timer restarts and
the backend won't shutdown.

HTH
Thomas