[mythtv-users] Some DVD video will not play properly

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Jul 15 10:51:29 UTC 2013

On Mon, 15 Jul 2013 18:45:35 +1000, you wrote:

>On 11 July 2013 17:43, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>

>> So you are right - it is something to do with VDPAU, but it does not
>> seem to affect mplayer, just mythfrontend.
>
>well, if mplayer can do it with vdpau, it's something we can investigate.
>However there you aren't really doing everything myth is doing with
>vdpau, you would have to set a vdpau deinterlacer which I'm not sure
>mplayer can do.
>
>create a ticket otherwise

mplayer is supposed to be able to do vdpau deinterlacing.  I ran this
command:

mplayer -vo vdpau:deint=4,xv, -vc
ffh264vdpau,ffmpeg12vdpau,ffwmv3vdpau,ffvc1vdpau, Ondine_clip.mpg

and the clip played without any problems.  Assuming that the :deint=4
actually did what it is supposed to (there was nothing in the log
output that mentioned deinterlacing), then it should have been playing
using the vdpau temporalx2 deinterlacing, just the same as I have
mythfrontend set up to do.  So I will create a ticket as soon as I
work out how to.