[mythtv-users] High mythbackend CPU usage during DVB-T recording (Australia)

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Sun Jul 14 22:36:43 UTC 2013

Den 15/07/2013 00.28 skrev "Kenni Lund" <kenni at kelu.dk>:

> Den 14/07/2013 12.57 skrev "Christian Hack" <christian at hack.id.au>:
>

> > Hi everyone
> >

> > Having some issues with my latest incarnation of MythTV.
> >

> > It’s mythbuntu based from 12.04 and updated to the latest everything.
Mythbackend reports as “mythbackend version: fixes/0.25
[v0.25.3-48-g3a1eff8] www.mythtv.org”

> You should really start up the Mythbuntu control center on your system
and switch to the currently supported fixes/0.26 branch instead. The CPU
utilization numbers you're seeing are much higher than anything I've seen
recently on any DVB-T based system, so it's not unlikely that you're
hitting some bug which is already fixed in fixes/0.26.

> Also, do you use get your EPG from EIT? If not, you should be able to
save some CPU cycles by disabling EIT.

> FYI, the upcoming MythTV 0.27 contains multiple optimizations which
should lower the CPU utilization when recording (see for example ticket
#12250, #11252 or #11255)

Sorry, that should have been #11250, not #12250.

Best regards
Kenni