[mythtv-users] EIT data or not?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Jul 12 18:17:47 UTC 2013

On 07/12/2013 01:54 PM, Alan Chandler wrote:
> I just noticed that at the bottom of the status page in MythWeb it
> says "Last mythfilldatabase run started on Friday Jul 12. 4:53Am and
> ended Friday Jul 12,4:53 AM. Successful.  There's guide data until
> 2013-07-20 10:00:00 (8 days).
>
> In the "Program" table in the database, there are an entries with
> starttime up to 19 Jul and in fact the max end time of those is that
> date time above.
>
> So it appears the database is showing it - so its a mythweb question -
> why doesn't it show it? - does channelID have anything to do with this
> - they look kind of strange. (1000 or 2000 higher than actually the case)

It sounds like your channels aren't properly associated with your
inputs--meaning MythWeb and mythfrontend won't show the listings for
them.  So, a broken Input Connections configuration (somewhere in
capture card, video source, channel, input configuration).  I'd
recommend at least the capture card portion of:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/264034#264034

and if that doesn't work, do both the capture card and the video source
portion of it.  Note, though, that the approach presumes that when you
reconfigure, you'll do it properly (if you make the same mistake during
re-configuration, you'll have the same result).  So you'll have to be
very careful and pay close attention during reconfigure.

Note, also, that you can only use one of EIT /or/ XMLTV on each
channel.  You should never enable EIT on a channel that's filled by
XMLTV or Bad Things happen.

Mike