[mythtv-users] EIT data or not?

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Fri Jul 12 17:54:19 UTC 2013

On 12/07/13 18:39, Alan Chandler wrote:
> On 12/07/13 15:13, Alex Tomlins wrote:
>> On 11/07/2013 21:12, Alan Chandler wrote:
>>> I am rather puzzled.  After having reset my backend by capture cards
>>> and re-linking them to existing sources.  I appear not to be getting
>>> the Electronic Program Guide   ...
>>>
>>> ... at least I am not seeing the programs appear in Mythweb's
>>> listings.  The programs are shown up until next Sunday, around
>>> midnight and then stop.
>>>
>>> HOWEVER, upcoming recordings still show for a week ahead (Daily
>>> recordings of the Tour de France for instance)
>>>
>>> If I stop the backend and go into mythtv-setup, then both capture
>>> cards have the "Use DVB card for active EIT scan" set in their
>>> recording options, and both video sources say the listing grabber
>>> uses "Over the air" EIT
>>>
>>> Have I forgotten something to ensure that I am collecting the data?
>>>

>> Have you enabled "use on-air guide" for all the channels? (you can
>> see this in the channel editor in mythweb)
>>
>> Alex
>>
> Yes - every channel has the use "use on air-guide" checkbox ticked

I just noticed that at the bottom of the status page in MythWeb it says
"Last mythfilldatabase run started on Friday Jul 12. 4:53Am and ended
Friday Jul 12,4:53 AM. Successful.  There's guide data until 2013-07-20
10:00:00 (8 days).

In the "Program" table in the database, there are an entries with
starttime up to 19 Jul and in fact the max end time of those is that
date time above.

So it appears the database is showing it - so its a mythweb question -
why doesn't it show it? - does channelID have anything to do with this -
they look kind of strange. (1000 or 2000 higher than actually the case)