[mythtv-users] subtitles not available for videos

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Thu Jul 11 17:39:17 UTC 2013

Hi, sometime in the last few weeks it seems like the frontend has stopped showing subtitles for videos. My last good build was from June 23 while my first problematic one was July 9. The playback popup menu doesn’t show a subtitles entry even though srt files are present. It doesn’t even look like the right menu, there is a Source subenu the way there is for recordings which I don’t recall before ‘tho I could be wrong.

For some reason I couldn’t bisect and ran out of time before I figured it out, I won’t be able to look again until next week but I mention it here in case someone knowledgable wants to take a look. I think the livetv subtitle change happened in between those dates so that would definitely be a prime suspect.

- George