[mythtv-users] UK Freeview HD surround sound

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 15:37:44 UTC 2013

On 11 July 2013 22:51, Paul Gardiner <lists at glidos.net> wrote:
> I see. That's what confused me. I didn't realise Myth was that clever.
> I assumed if my receiver reported compressed audio then it had to
> be passed through. I didn't realise that Myth would reencode. Nice.

Thanks for that comment , I like it !

Mind you, I've put everything in place to support AAC passthrough, it
would literally be only a few lines of code to activate it.

But as I have nothing to test it; I never bothered to finish it.

Could even put in place Any Audio -> 5.1 AAC bitstreaming, instead of
AC3 reconversion...