[mythtv-users] [mythtv] tuner troubleshooting

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Jul 10 15:09:08 UTC 2013

On 07/10/2013 09:32 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> On 10/07/13 13:49, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> So, "Delete all capture cards" is still a very important and useful
>> function when trying to fix broken configurations (especially those that
>> occur during the "trial and error" period of initial setup).
>
> OK.  Sorry for the misreporting.

Well, I didn't really explain the details in the other thread you saw,
so it was easy to read it the way you did.

>   It looks as if I need to go there now, because I had taken the
> opportunity to re-introduce my discarded backup USB device and it
> looks as if it's back in Number 1 spot:  3 recordings with lots of
> packets out of order :-(.  But it does look as if the kernel patch got
> there in the end.

If you only need to rearrange the order in which they're used, you can
do that directly by editing the Schedule and Live TV Order settings in
mythtv-setup and don't need the Delete all capture cards.  You only need
to clear everything if you have something--and you don't know
what--messed up.

Note, also, that for the order, you can use anything you like.  You can
have Schedule Order use 1,2,3,4... and Live TV Order use 4,3,2,1 or you
could make a device least-preferred for both recordings (Schedule Order)
and Live TV by setting, for example, Schedule Order to 1,3,4,2 and Live
TV Order to 4,3,1,2.  This may be appropriate for a "doesn't work well,
but it's better than missing something" capture card (or for those who
want digital recordings and Live TV, but will settle for a PVR-x50 SDTV
analog recording or Live TV when that's the only option.

Mike