[mythtv-users] Mac OSx frontend live TV issue.

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 06:48:38 UTC 2013

On 10 July 2013 13:08, Gerald Brandt <gbr at majentis.com> wrote:

> I have a Mac Mini 3,1 running 10.7, and it worked first time for me, with
> some stuttering of 1080i video.  I installed
> MythFrontend-v0.26.0-175-g7f71e02, and it just worked.  I don't think I'll
> be using it as a frontend though, the stuttering drives me up the wall.

On old core 2 duo mac; 32 bits works better than 64 bits..
So download the universal version of my web site; and make the
application run in 32 bits mode.

The speed gain (about 7%) is sufficient to prevent the stuttering.
Also, in 32 bits mode, you can have Quartz hardware acclerated mpeg2
playback (this isn't available in 64 bits)