[mythtv-users] Anyone have a script to repatriate lost+found media files?

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Tue Jul 9 17:32:02 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Brian J. Murrell" <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>

> On 13-07-08 06:27 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> > I can't be the first person to have a bunch of recordings moved to
> > lost+found by xfs_repair, and it seems to me that the byte count of
> > such files ought to be a decent hash for which file they are...
>
> Or you could just stop using XFS. It's the only filesystem I have lost
> data to. Once, and then I swore off of it. I tend to think ext{2,3,4}
> has much more thorough use than XFS.

Interesting.  I not only haven't ever had any data loss attributable to
XFS (though I have had some downtime), I nearly never have *any problems
at all with the filesystems*.  Though, admittedly, when I do, they're big.
:-)

That said, the ability to get the lead developer on the line on IRC does
take some of the sting out of that.  And Dave's a really nice guy, to
boot.

For *me*, the mistake I won't ever make again is LVM.

Now, back on topic...

Cheers,
-- jra