[mythtv-users] Saving Tuning Delay

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Tue Jul 9 09:38:43 UTC 2013

I'm running an up to date backend from mythubuntu.

I have just had my Pinnacle USB 2 HD tuner fail, so have been
reconfiguring my backend to avoid attempts to use it to record stuff.
This has entailed deleting all the capture cards and recreating them.

My non HD tuner is a Nova-T which ideally should have a retuning delay.
I went into mythtv-setup and set it to 250ms for each of the 2 tuners.
I then remembered it was a good idea to allow up to 4 recordings per
card (I want to get as much as possible recorded on the first card,
because experience has shown me the second one drops out sometimes after
a couple of weeks and can not be recovered without a server reboot). So
returned to the "recording options" screen.

The tuning delay was set at 0.

Looking directly at the database (in myphpadmin) I see in the capture
card table there are now 8 entries (from previous 4) - presumably
because I have changed the max recording value.  However the field
dvb_tuning_delay has a zero in each row

Is this the right place to look for that value?
Is there a bug in the latest mythbuntu releases which prevent the value
being set?
Is it worth setting the value manually (ie directly into the database)?