[mythtv-users] MY/IR blaster

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 19:06:43 UTC 2013

Hey Mythizens, I pulled this from a wiki how-to:
MyBlaster setup -- does not require LIRC

If you prefer not to have to mess around with LIRC there are alternatives.
One of these is the MyBlaster serial. (See the vendor list below.) It is a
commercial product but the linux drivers are GPL. The latest driver can be
found on SourceForge. To set up, simply edit the perl based driver script
for your port and device and call the script using the external channel
change script configuration option in mythtv-setup. It is that easy.

Is this still valid?      I can't seem to find it on "sourceforge"!     How
do I edit the perl once I get it?

I have the IR blaster and the tuner for the STB and I'm running mythtv 0.25
(front and back) inside a Ubuntu 12.04/64 bit desk top environment.

As always the wealth of knowledge and experience out there is greatly
appreciated.

Daryl