[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.26: Failed to find any new channels!

Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) singapore.mr.teo.en.ming at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 15:56:37 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have just installed Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit operating system. This is the
way I installed Mythtv 0.26:

sudo apt-get install mythtv

Output from mythbackend --version:

MythTV Version : v0.26.0-37-g340b5d4
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.26
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20120822-1
QT Version : 4.8.3
Options compiled in:
linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg using_opengl_video
using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus using_v4l2 using_x11
using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python
using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode using_opengl using_vaapi
using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live using_mheg using_libass
using_libxml2

I am using Hauppage WinTV PVR USB2 as my TV tuner.

I have configured everything correctly in mythtv-setup.real but it can't
seem to find any channels. mythtv-setup.real reports in Scan for
channels: Failed to find any new channels! I am in Singapore.

Is there a bug with channel scanning? Is channel scanning broken in
mythtv 0.26 in Ubuntu 13.04 amd64? I don't have this problem at all when
I was using mythtv in Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit. Don't tell me I have to roll
back to using Ubuntu 11.10?

Please help me troubleshoot this problem. I would appreciate any help.

Thank you very much.

--
Yours sincerely,

Singapore Citizen Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)